You are able to take full or partial payments (deposits) from customers when they are making a booking.
A payment gateway is a server that is dedicated to linking websites and banks so that online credit card transactions can be completed in real-time.
How does a payment gateway work?
Payment gateways work by providing the secure, integral link between a website (web server) and the bank. When credit card details are submitted on a website the payment gateway receives these details and sends them to the bank for verification. The bank then replies with a response; usually either accepted or declined. The payment gateway then sends this response back to the web server when the appropriate message is displayed to the user - for example "Your payment has been successful".
What else is required to accept online payments?
A merchant account from your bank which is a special kind of bank account that can be linked directly to a payment gateway.
1. Login to your Paypal
2. Go to Profile > Profile and Settings
3. Under Business Information section, you will see 'Seller account Id' at the end. This is the value you need to put in nabooki for 'Paypal Merchant Account ID'
4. Go to Tools from menu and click on 'All Tools'
5. There you will list of all tools available. In forth row, first from right, you see 'API credentials'. Click on it.
6. Click on 'Manage API credentials' under NVP/SOAP API integration.
7. It will ask for a security check by sending a code on registered mobile, click Next.
8. Provide the code and confirm.
9. Click on 'Show' against the API username, API password and Signature to get the values.
10. Copy Paypal Merchant Account ID form step 3 and username, password & signature from step 7.
11. Log in to your nabooki
12. Go to Setup > Online Payments and click on 'PAYPAL' tab and click the toggle 'off' to enable payment
13. Put all the values copied in step 8 and click Update.
If you require any assistance with activating a payment gateway, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use our help tool located in the bottom right corner.